In Tekken 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament, he acted as a palette swap for Roger, sharing his moveset and win animations. He would then many years later return for Tekken Tag Tournament 2, this time with his own character slot and a few changed moves to differentiate him from Roger Jr.. His fourth and most recent playable appearance, in Tekken Mobile, marks the first time Alex is playable in a game where a Roger is not.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Story
- 3 Other Appearances
- 4 Gameplay
- 5 Character Relationships
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 Navigation
Alex is a cloned and genetically modified deinoychus created by Doctor Bosconovitch during Kazuya Mishima's tenure as the head of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Alex was created by using dinosaur DNA found in fossilized insects, with missing DNA strands being spliced with that of a kangaroo. After his creation, Alex was trained in the art of Commando Wrestling, which is is why he has a similar moveset to fellow wrestlers King and Armor King. Alex has only made one appearance in the main storyline, that being in Tekken 2, although he played no significant role in the plot.
Alex is intelligent for his kind, and, while he is never shown to be able to speak like Kuma II can, he shows some humanlike characteristics and seems to be able to understand the English language. Despite this, his animalistic tendencies do sometimes take over, leading him to behave in a more primitive manner.
Alex looks a lot like a dromaeosaurid, which he was cloned from; however, he has longer front limbs and wears blue boxing gloves on them. He has yellow eyes and green speckled skin, except for the front of his body, which has a whitish hue.
- Main article: Alex/Outfits
Being a dinosaur, Alex is never seen wearing clothes, although he is always wearing his pair of boxing gloves.
The research team developing the strongest animals for military use for Kazuya has created a ferocious life form using dinosaur DNA found in insects trapped in amber, missing DNA strands were spliced with that of kangaroos. It doesn't appear to be fully developed yet, as its combat capabilities are identical to that of Roger's; however, it has been hypothesized that once it reaches maturity, it will be the strongest living creature on the planet.
Ending Description: Alex is studying a rock that appears to have a dinosaur fossil in it. A dinosaur's face flashes on the screen and Alex roars and starts running, gradually gaining speed. He runs up a mountain and, having got to see one of his ancestors, happily jumps up into the air, putting one of his fists up.
A group of Alex clones appeared in the movie Tekken: The Motion Picture. Kazuya slaughters most of them, which scares the rest, who turn invisible and run away. One Alex clone happens to be in full-on camouflage behind Anna as she is telling off Nina - that Alex clone quickly mutilates Anna as her scream echoes throughout the island.
Alex appeared as a costume swap for Roger in Tekken Tag Tournament.
Ending Description: Alex is seen playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with Yoshimitsu. His boxing glove forces him to choose "Rock" each time. Yoshimitsu, knowing this, picks "Paper". He wins 3-0 because of this.
Alex returned as a playable character in the console version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, this time with his own character slot.
Ending Description: A lost Roger Jr. looks around for his mother in the middle of the desert. He imagines her loving face, but then feels sad he can't find her; he still continues to hop forward wearily. Meanwhile, Alex is lurking inconspicuously behind a nearby rock. Noticing the isolated kangaroo, he steps out from behind the rock, thinking he'll make easy prey. Alex springs out to attack him from behind; Roger Jr., however, is not taken by surprise at all, as he gives Alex an intense beat-down. Afterwards, as payment, Alex offers his help in finding Roger Jr.'s mother by piggy-backing him. After a while, they find his mother, who is thankful to see him. Ecstatic, Roger Jr. jumps up in the air as Alex also raises his arm in accomplishment. The screen shows a vignette around Alex's face, whose expression changes to one of disappointment, as he did not capture any prey. Nonetheless, Alex remains happy for bringing Roger Jr. back to his mother instead of eating him.
Alex returned as a playable character for Tekken Mobile with his updated design from TTT2. Alex was the only console exclusive TTT2 character who also appeared in Mobile. Alex was a replacement of Roger Jr., who in turn had replaced both Roger (original) and Alex in the main series.
In Tekken 2, Alex can be considered a clone character, as his fighting style is near-identical to Armor King's, although he does gain some unique moves of his own. His moveset, much like Armor King's, provides some offensive options but rewards a more defensive style of play.
His shared moves consist of the powerful throws and grapples, as well as the Animal Uppercut, providing him with some solid attacking options. Of his unique moves, some, such as the Windmill Punch and Tail Tripper, are of little use due to their very short range and low damage output. Others, however, are much more useful; his unblockable Wind-Up Punch deals heavy damage, and has a relatively short start-up animation, placing it alongside Paul's Burning Fist as one of the most useful Unblockable Attacks in the game. He also has a few variations of the Bicycle Kick, some of which can be used for evasion, allowing him to mix up his game to keep an opponent on their toes.
While more of a comic relief character and not necessarily very beginner-friendly, his additional attacks can provide some unique gameplay possibilities, making him a formidable opponent in the hands of a skilled player.
For his gameplay in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, see the gameplay section for Roger Jr..
In Tekken Mobile, Alex gains a Rage Art. His Rage Art has him launch his opponent in the air with an Animal Uppercut followed by a Shrimp Kick into a Wind-Up Punch finisher.
Alex's fighting style is described as Commando Wrestling. This is a fighting style unique to Alex and Roger, and seems to have been taught to them by Armor King. As a result, they share many of his wrestling moves.
- Alex/Tekken 2 Movelist
- Alex/Tekken Tag Tournament Movelist
- Alex/Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Movelist
- Alex/Tekken Mobile Waza Cards
- Doctor Bosconovitch - Alex is a genetically modified experiment made by the doctor.
- Doctor Abel - Around the time of the fourth tournament, there was a rumor that, Alex, along with Roger, had been stolen by him and were being kept in his secret laboratory.
- Kazuya Mishima - While Kazuya owned the Mishima Zaibatsu, he ordered Alex's creation.
- Roger - Fellow experimental modified animal soldier and a family friend. The remaining DNA needed to create Alex was taken from Roger's kangaroo DNA, so they can technically be considered relatives.
- Yoshimitsu - They both have a connection to Dr. Bosconovitch and appear to be friends; they are seen playing a friendly game of rock-paper-scissors in Alex's Tekken Tag Tournament ending (non-canon).
- Before Tag 2, his fighting stance was identical to King's in Tekken, as well as Armor King's in Tekken and Tekken 2.
- In Tekken 6, Roger Jr. can be customized to resemble Alex in a robotic form. When Alex returned in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, the same robotic costume was given to Alex instead.
- To fight Alex, the player must win Stage 3 with very little health remaining in the final round fought - if done correctly, the announcer will say "Great" instead of "K.O.". If the player's character has been selected with one of the kick buttons, Alex will be the opponent at Stage 4; otherwise, it will be Roger. This cannot be done if the player's starting character is Kazuya Mishima.
- Alex, along with Roger, will be unlocked after completing the game following the above requirement.
- If the player wins Stage 3 with the same requirement while using Alex, they will face Kuma on Stage 4 instead.
- Alex and Roger are the only characters whose face is not shown in the character select screen; their boxing-gloved hands are shown instead.
- Alex shares King's winposes, making him (along with Roger) the only character not to have a unique winpose.
- His sub-boss is Roger.
- Kazuya will never fight Alex as the sub-boss on Stage 8, despite Alex and Roger having the same character slot. Kazuya's sub-boss is always Roger, regardless of which costume is selected.
- In order to unlock Alex, the game must be beaten with six different characters.
- Alex's ending is the same as Roger's except Alex is in Roger's place.
- In addition to now having his own character slot, he now also technically has his own fighting stance, as his hands move slightly faster than Roger Jr.'s.
- In addition to the robotic dinosaur costume mentioned above, Alex can be customized to resemble Kazuya Mishima in his white suit from the arcade opening cinematic of Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion, albeit with a tie.
- Alex's item move allows him to breathe fire to blow an opponent away.
- One of Alex's new outfits makes him resemble an indominus rex from the 2015 movie Jurassic World.
- His 4-Star appearance is similar to both the Guardian Beast Tyrannosaurus and Tyrannosaur Dinozord from the Sentai series Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger and the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and the Tyrannozord in Power Rangers: Dino Thunder.
- His featured act is called Extinction, a reference to the extinction of the dinosaurs.
- In Street Fighter X Tekken, Alex makes a cameo in the background of the Jurassic Era Research Facility stage.