Christie Monteiro (クリスティ・モンテイロ Kurisuti Monteiro) is a character in the Tekken series of video games. She made her first appearance in Tekken 4 and returned for all subsequent releases except Tekken 7. She is the granddaughter of the Legendary Capoeira Master who taught Eddy Gordo Capoeira.
Christie is a Brazilian woman trained by her grandfather, and she is in love with Eddy.
Being Brazilian, Christie has long brown hair, light brown eyes and somewhat dark skin. In her Player 1 outfit, she always wears Capoeira pants and fights barefoot, wearing a bikini top that changes design from Tekken 4 to Tekken 5, as well as receiving more detailed design. Her secondary costume is a more casual attire that has her wear a shirt that shows off her stomach and cleavage and shorts and sandals. Previously in Tekken 4 she wore her hair down but in Tekken 5 possibly due to difficulty rendering her loose hair, she wears it tied up in a ponytail.
Christie is the granddaughter of the Legendary Capoeira Master, the master to Eddy Gordo who taught him in the art of Capoeira during his time in prison. While in prison, Eddy swore an oath to the master to pass on the art of Capoeira to his granddaughter.
Eddy sought out Christie shortly after his return from King of Iron Fist Tournament 3, and taught her the art of Capoeira, just as he promised his master. After only two years of tutelage, Christie became an impressive fighter.
But soon thereafter, Eddy abruptly disappeared, leaving Christie only with the words, "Those responsible for my father's death must pay".
Troubled by his sudden and mysterious disappearance, Christie pursues Eddy. Her only lead— The King of Iron Fist Tournament 4.
Christie's grandfather was released from prison after a long incarceration. Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with an incurable illness, and he was given only six months to live, but a cure might be possible with possessing the technology from the Mishima Zaibatsu. Several days later, Christie learns of The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5. She sees it as a chance to save her grandfather, believing that if she possesses the advanced technology of the Mishima Zaibatsu, she may be able to find a cure for him.
Christie entered The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 hoping to save the life of her paternal grandfather. She was defeated and returned home. Upon her arrival, she finds out that not only has her grandfather gone missing, but Eddy as well.
Returning home to Brazil, disappointed and baffled to the location of both Eddy and her grandfather, she learns from the hospital where her grandfather was staying that he was transferred to the Mishima Zaibatsu's medical facility. In order to find the exact location of her grandfather, Christie enters The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6.
Ending Description: Christie stands at the foot of her grandfather's grave with tears running down her cheeks. Eddy eventually appears, and he gets slapped across the face by Christie for his prolonged disappearance, but holds on to him for comfort. Eddy then clenches his fists and throws away a ring, which signifies his affiliations with Mishima Zaibatsu and leader Jin Kazama.
Note: Eddy's ending is the same.
Christie appears in the Tekken 2010 live action movie where she is portrayed by Kelly Overton. Christie gets trained by her grandfather in a variety of martial arts styles. He lets her participate in numerous organised fights and makes her a champion. She eventually gets qualified for The Iron Fist Tournament. During the training she meets Jin who is new to organised fighting. She gets impressed after he wins his first fight. Watching him train she takes him to a club and the two dance and chat. They eventually end up kissing in the exercise room. She mentions she needs to go and leaves the room. She hears Jin getting attacked and returns. The door is locked and she breaks it open which scares the assailants away. She helps the injured Jin back to his trainer. At the next fight she tells Jin to stay near the cameras as they will not try to kill him while being broadcasted. She gets matched up against Nina Williams, who Jin recognizes as one of his attackers. Christie engages the assassin in the match. Nina tries to trap her in a joint lock which Christie manages to escape. Christie lets her know she is aware that Nina tried to kill Jin, after which Nina says she likes him. After a hard fight Christie knocks Nina out and wins.
Christie watches as Jin fights the master swordsman Yoshimitsu. Jin is unable to match Yoshimitsu and is about to be killed. The alarm goes off and Yoshimitsu is long enough distracted for Jin to escape the kill blow. Yoshimitsu keeps beating Jin who suddenly spots an opening and beats Yoshimitsu. Christie helps the injured Jin however they all get captured by the Jacks. Raven helps them put Jin his shoulder back in his socket. Kazuya they all will fight to the death from now on. The group decides to flee and quickly take out the guards. They free a captured Heihachi on their way out. They go in hiding as Christie nurtures the injured Jin. The group gets found by a group of Jacks. They trie to fight them off however Steve Fox gets killed and Christie and the rest get captured.
Kazuya announces to the audience the remaining fights will fight to the death. Kazuya taunts Jin and Christie and explains that he killed his mom. Kazuya threatens to torture Christie if Jin will not fight Bryan Fury. She is forced to watch as Jin fights Bryan. Unable to match the power of the cyborg Jin is barely able to survive. He finds a weak spot with the teachings of him mom and manages to take out the cyborg and kill him. A enraged Kazuya comes down and fights Jin using two axes. Jin gets knocked down and is about to get killed. Christie takes a gun and kills the Jacks guarding her. This distracts Kazuya long enough for Jin to recover and disarm and injured Kazuya. Christie raises Jin his arm and says he is the champion. Christie explains that after his win the name Kazama became associated with freedom. However the world did not know this was just the beginning.
Christie appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Ending Description: It continues after Eddy's ending. Christie is seen chasing after Eddy inside the train station in Sao Paulo. She loses him after a luggage cart gets in her way. She decides to try and look for Eddy on the balcony, but fails to spot him. She then decides to go downstairs to find Eddy and after running through the crowd, she finally manages to find him. A train however comes in between them, forcing Christie to wait longer.
Before she can enter the train, Christie spots a small child crying, and stays with the child before her mother arrives. When the mother arrives, Christie is too late, and the train begins to move out. She repeatedly shouts out Eddy's name to him when she finds his seat, but Eddy ignores her. She falls to her knees in failure as the train leaves.
Eddy's ending is linked to Christie; though for the first time since Christie's introduction, their endings aren't exactly the same.
Chirstie appears in Tekken Revolution as an unlockable character.
Christie returned as a playable character for Tekken (Mobile). Christie was announced early on along with a few other veterans that did not make it to Tekken 7.
- Legendary Capoeira Master - Her grandfather.
- Eddy Gordo - Her close friend, possible love interest and Capoeira teacher.
- Kazuya Mishima - Her enemy, due to Eddy's life also affects her as well.
- Lei Wulong - Her partner in Street Fighter X Tekken (non canon).
- Nina Williams - Her opponent in the 2010 live-action film (non-canon).
- Jin Kazama- Her close friend/lover in the 2010 live-action film (non-canon)
Christie's moves are the same as Eddy's but in a lesser extent when it executes her moves. She also shares with Eddy's Fruit Picker unblockable move.
Christie fights using Capoeira, the Brazilian art form that combines elements of martial arts, sports, and music.
- Originally, the development team intended to create a female Capoeira fighter for Tekken 3, but felt unsure at the time and opted for a male character instead. Upon her introduction in Tekken 4, however, Christie replaced Eddy as the prominently-featured Capoeira practitioner. With the release of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Eddy has been reintroduced to the canonical series as a non-palette swap character.
- On Tekken 4 up to Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, unlike Eddy, when fighting as or against Christie, the camera moves front-and-back if Christie left in idle or before the round starts.
- There has been some debate on whether Christie and Eddy have been good for the art of Capoeira. On one hand, they have popularized the Brazilian martial art, but on the other, they are adding to the misconceptions about the art. Capoeira still has strong underlying philosophies which haven't been separated to create a corporate sport, like what has happened to most martial arts.
- Up until Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Christie did not speak in Portuguese. When talking in English, she does not speak with a Brazilian accent.
- Someone on Twitter spoke to Katsuhiro Harada about the rumor that Christie's design was confirmed by Namco to have been based on real-life former supermodel Tyra Banks; however, he confirmed this as false.
- In Tekken 4, Christie is voiced by Xanthe Smith. In Tekken 5, she's voiced by Lisle Wilkerson, who voices Nina Williams in the same game and Tekken 4 and later voiced Zafina in Tekken 6. She later continues to voice Christie in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Christie has some similar traits to Elena from the Street Fighter series; they are both female fighters who use Capoeira as their fighting style and both women have a similar fighting stance. Christie can also be customized to resemble Elena in Tekken 6.
- Coincidentally both Elena and Christie appear together in Street Fighter x Tekken.
- Eddy can be unlocked by beating the game with Christie. He can be selected by pressing triangle while highlighting Christie.
- In her ending, the man who Marshall Law uppercutted in his ending (and complained about the pepper beef that he ordered being too spicy) can be seen in the crowd of people she runs through. He and several others call out to Christie, notifying her of Eddy's presence, and he stops cheering and is in awe when he sees Christie giving Eddy a hug.
- Her sub-bosses are Bruce Irvin and Eddy Gordo, while also being the latter's sub-boss.
- Eddy can be unlocked by buying her extra costume. He can be selected by pressing triangle or circle while highlighting Christie.
- She can be customized to resemble Foxxy Cleopatra from the comedy spy film, Austin Powers in Goldmember.
- In the Scenario Campaign mode, She is the boss at Seahorse Grand Hotel. In her boss stage, she mistakes Lars (it only happens when the player plays as Alisa) or the player of his or her choosing except Nina, Kazuya, Heihachi, Lei, Jin, Mokujin, and the said character (it only happens when the player plays as him) as Mishima dogs while she also called Devil Jin and Kuma II as a Mishima devil and Mishima bear in order to find Eddy.
- As a boss character in Scenario Campaign, Christie maintains her primary outfit and was equipped with purple samba feathers as an item on her back.
- When the player plays as Christie in Eddy's boss stage. It's not just about to find Eddy who is mysteriously gone missing at her prologue. But to her discovery that Eddy is working for the Mishima Zaibatsu as a Special Operations Unit for the Tekken Force which angered Christie for his motives in joining the Zaibatsu as she angrily states towards him as: "Eddy, you're working for Mishima? I don't believe this."
- Her sub-bosses are Eddy and Nina.
- She and Eddy for the first time they speak in Portuguese in this game.
- She and Eddy's ending have a mix of computer animation graphics similar to Xiaoyu's both Tekken 3 and Tekken 5 ending.
- In Episode 3 of the trailer of PS Vita, Christie angrily transforms into her Pandora state after she found Eddy at the facility who quickly escapes the premises which her partner Lei Wulong discovers her transformed state who is enraged after Eddy escaped.
- Her official tag partner is Lei Wulong.
- Their rivals are Elena and Dudley.
- Her swap costume is based on one of the "Dolls" from Street Fighter.
- Most of her win quotes against several Tekken characters who are linked through the Mishima and Kazama clan (except for the said bear) are involving Eddy's dissapearance. But the aformentioned character revealed its win quote against herself stated that the said capoeira master is within the said organisation under the said character.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Christie's dossier is briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of interest.