Combot (コンボット Konbotto?) is a character in the Tekken series of fighting games, making his first appearance in Tekken 4 and returning in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. While unplayable, Combot also makes a cameo appearance in Tekken 7, visible in the background of the Violet Systems stage.
Combot is a bipedal fighting machine created by Lee Chaolan's Violet Systems to be the ultimate fighting machine, with the purpose of entering the fourth King of Iron Fist Tournament, alongside Lee in the disguise of his alter-ego Violet, thus increasing Lee's chance of victory and, in turn, his inheritance of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Unfortunately, Combot's production was rushed and his programming glitched - as a result, rather than learning all his opponents movesets as intended, he was only able to mimic one fighter at a time. As a result, Combot was not the unstoppable force he was intended to be, and Lee's plans failed. The fate of Combot after the tournament is unknown; however, it seems that Lee has not given up on the project, as Violet Systems continues to create Combot robots.
As a robot, Combot displays very little in the way of personality. However, his mimicry skills do allow him to pick up basic aspects of the human behavior he observes, as well as imitating his opponents fighting styles very accurately.
Combot is more primitive in appearance than the Jack robots created by the Mishima Zaibatsu; while the Jack's are created to appear almost human, Combot retains a clear robotic appearance with exposed components, pivot joints and pincers in place of hands. His eyes glow red, and colored highlights enhance his appearance.
With no need for clothing, Combot has no real outfits. Instead, his appearance varies by the tone of his body and colored highlights changing in color.
Combot is a multi general purpose robot created by Lee Chaolan (under the disguise of Violet) to enter the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4. Combot is programmed to do a wide variety of things, from household chores to military action. Combot was designed to be the ultimate fighting machine, and was programmed to learn every fighter's style as it progressed through the tournament. It was also used to increase the chance of Lee gaining the Mishima Zaibatsu if Heihachi were to be defeated by Combot. Unfortunately, the prototype was rushed due to time constraints and a few bugs were left in Combot's data. Because of this, whenever Combot is powered up, he can only utilize one opponent's fighting style at a time.
Ending Description: Having defeated Heihachi, a sign declares "Combot wins" and fireworks fill the sky as Combot celebrates. As the arena walls lower, Violet approaches, clapping and telling Combot that he has done well. Violet declares the world is now his for the taking, indicating his intentions to cease control of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Combot and Violet approach each other, raising their arms as if to embrace, but when they come face to face, Combot's eyes flash and he grabs Violet under one arm and spanks him before throwing him to the ground. The camera pans up to the sky as Combot performs a victory animation.
Combot returns in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as a console exclusive character. He is also the focus of the Fight Lab mode.
Ending Description: Combot is slowly walking around a city, and is stunned when he sees a machine crusher. As he watches the machine crush several cars, Combot's body falls apart, and his eyes flicker and dim. Violet finds him lying broken on the ground, and holds the remaining head and torso in his arms, looking at him sadly.
- Violet - Owner of Violet Systems and Combot's creator.
- Super Combot DX - An enhanced and more powerful model of Combot.
Combot was the replacement (gameplay-wise) for Mokujin in Tekken 4. However, unlike Mokujin, who produces a new character to mimic each round, Combot's playing style stays consistent throughout the match. For Tekken Tag Tournament 2, he can be customized with moves from the whole roster.
The same as Mokujin in the previous game, Combot fights using Mimicry, imitating the movesets of the other playable characters.
- Upon selection, the voice announcing Combot's name is different to the regular male voice that announces all other character names; when Combot is selected, a robotic voice that sounds as if Combot is speaking is heard instead.
- Jack-6 can be customized to resemble Combot.
- Though never referred to by name, Combot is mentioned by certain characters at the start of Lee's stage in the Scenario Campaign mode. The only ones that remember him are the characters who are part of the roster in Tekken 4.
- Combot is the only character who cannot be fought as a computer controlled opponent in any offline modes.
- It is possible to acquire the Combot-G gear by replaying stages 1, 2, 3 and 5 and attaining a B rank or higher (although an A rank is preferable). This should be performed once Fight Lab Mode has been completed and the increased difficulty is unlocked.
- Combot has a special winpose with Lee Chaolan. Combot walks to Lee and the latter gives a thumbs up.
- Combot is not playable in Online Ranked Matches.
- In the final Fight Lab stage, a second Combot with yellow coloring is utilized.
- Combot can equip both kinds of Crouch Dash.
- Several Combot robots are visible in the background of the Violet Systems stage.