Emilie De Rochefort (エミリ・ド・ロシュフォール Emiri do Roshufōru?), commonly known as Lili (リリ Riri?) for short, is a character in the Tekken series. Along with Sergei Dragunov, Lili was one of the two new characters introduced in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
A Monegasque high school student, Lili is the daughter and only child of Mr. De Rochefort (first name unknown), a wealthy oil magnate and head of Rochefort Enterprises. She resides in a luxurious suburban mansion with her father and their butler Sebastian.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Story
- 3 Other Appearances
- 4 Gameplay
- 5 Character Relationships
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Gallery
- 9 References
- 10 Navigation
Lili has all the classic characteristics of a excessively spoiled girl. The only child of a wealthy oil industrialist, Lili seems to have always had a very comfortable life. She is also very mannered in her gestures during her cutscenes. Her bourgeois side being highlighted when she announces it is time for her afternoon tea, a habit that was very widespread among the aristocracy. This habit is also shown in one of her intros in Tekken 7 where she is having tea before the fight.
Behind her bourgeoisie image, Lili is passionate about fighting, which had emerged since she fought the men who had kidnapped her. She goes as far to travel the world in search of opponents. She has a certain confidence in her fighting abilities - as shown by her winning and pre-match quotes - even though she lacks formal training in any personal combat style. Her father, who loathes violence in any form, refused to let her attend the local Savate studio. Therefore, Lili had to settle for ballet and gymnastics, both of which figure prominently in her brawling style.
Throughout Scenario Campaign if the player chooses her, in almost every stage, Lili shows a sadistic side, seeing most of the fighters as "toys to play with" and also in her own stage if the player plays as anyone except Lili, Asuka, Jin or Lars. In fact, if they play as Nina and enter Lili's stage, she describes Lili as "having a screw loose" and a "brat who should be in bed by now".
Lili has a very caring attitude which belies her snobbery. She seems to have great affection for her father. She feels such admiration that she does not hesitate to compare his eyebrows to those of her Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Stage Four sub-boss Ganryu which she considers robust. Her father's life is always the center of her attention, being the reason why Lili participates in the fifth tournament to stop the Mishima Zaibatsu which seems to be the cause of her father's problems.
Although she was beaten by her rival Asuka Kazama, she does not seem to have any real animosity or contempt towards her. She therefore does not hesitate to make plans with Sebastian, her butler, in order to fight her. Just as Sebastian seems to have understood, fighting with Asuka is just one way of expressing affection for her.
Behind this arrogant, presumptuous aspect of her personality, Lili is not of bad nature. During Scenario Campaign, she helps Lars Alexandersson and Alisa Bosconovitch on their journey by giving them a vehicle.
Lili is a rather tall teenage girl with blue eyes. She has blonde hair styled in a hime-cut. She is generally seen wearing a miniskirt with a corset-like top and appears to wear light makeup, such as pink lip gloss and red eyeliner.
Prologue Text: Lili, the only daughter of a wealthy oil magnate in Monaco. Four years ago, she was captured and held ransom for that very reason. While in captivity, she struggled violently to free herself, taking out one of her captors. That fight triggered her hunger for battle. However, Lili's father was a good-hearted man who hated conflict. "I don't want Father to be upset with me...but I also want to fight." Lili could no longer control her urge to fight. Under the guise of a simple vacation, she used the family's private jet to take part in street fighting tournaments around the world. One day, she receives an invitation to a certain fighting tournament from an opponent she defeated in San Francisco. Lili soon realizes that the host of this tournament was none other than the Mishima Zaibatsu, the main source of her father's problems. She decides to enter the tournament and put an end to her father's business troubles.
Ending Description: Lili and Sebastian celebrate her victory over the Mishimas, with Sebastian emotionally dabbing at his eyes with a handkerchief and Lili bursting into laughter at the thought of how pleased her father will be when he learns of the collapse of the Mishima empire. Lili's chauffeur, waiting in a limousine, turns on an in-car television to discover that Rochefort Enterprises has declared bankruptcy after a main trading partner, the Mishima Zaibatsu, collapsed. The chauffeur is visibly shocked at this. Lili, however, is blissfully unaware and still chortling. The chauffeur then flees the scene.
Prologue Text: Lili entered The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 without her father's knowledge, and was beaten by Asuka Kazama. To add insult to injury, her father soon discovered that Lili had entered the tournament. Forbidden from leaving home, Lili was unable to take revenge on Asuka. It was then that her father's oil fields were taken over by the Mishima Zaibatsu. The company fell into disarray, and Lili's father collapsed due to stress. Lili was concerned for her father's well being. She figured that if she could get back his oil fields, she would be able to relieve her father's anxiety. While she was formulating her plans, the Mishima Zaibatsu announced The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. Unable to pass up such an opportunity, Lili enters the tournament in order to help her father.
Ending Description: Asuka is hastily peddling her bike. She cries out that she's going to be late for school. As she is about to careen through the school's front gates, Lili's limousine appears out of nowhere. Asuka yells in surprise and crashes her bike, making her lunch fall to the ground. Lili gets out of the limo in her short-skirted Monegasque school uniform. She goads Asuka into a fight, stating that she's finally found her...but that their reunion will be short-lived. The two exchange lightning blows after Asuka calls Lili an idiot for messing with her food. As they continued off camera, Sebastian gets out of the car. Unaware of the situation, he comments: "Brilliant. She's already making friends. I'm so proud of her." A close-up of Lili's smiling face is shown.
Note: The Ending can be linked in Asuka's and Panda's Ending.
Scenario Campaign Description: In the Scenario Campaign, Lili is a boss at the Queen's Harbor stage. After the player bests her in combat, she chats with Lars and Alisa, having done research on the former. Gracious in defeat, she gives the duo a "hideous" SUV to use; according to Lili, someone gave it to her as a present...but it's just not her taste. Before she heads back to Monaco, Lili expresses her lament over not being able to have a rematch with Asuka Kazama. She tells Lars to make sure he finishes off Jin Kazama, or else she'll "kill" him. As she boards her "yacht" (a custom-modified freighter), Lars states that he'll try not to let her down.
Prologue Text: Lili entered the King of Iron Fist Tournament again without telling her father this time either. There she was anyway, smiling as the rapturous crowd looked on and her opponent entered the arena. Lili was set to fight Asuka Kazama, someone she had personally considered her greatest rival for many years. If Lili saw the look of annoyance on Asuka's face, it didn't show; she just walked elegantly to the center of the ring like she owned it, all the while thanking Lady Luck for the opportunity to fight her rival.
Ending Description: After Asuka admits her loss, Lili delivers a powerful slap to the face that sends her rival flying. When asked by Asuka on why she did it, Lili simply replies that it was fun and Asuka deserves it for being herself. She then turns and leaves the arena, with Asuka angrily chasing her for a payback.
In Eliza's ending, presumably taking place after this one, she finally meets Eliza at the Archers of Sirius headquarters after the latter defeats Claudio Serafino in her story. Lili claims Eliza as her sister, even though Eliza dismisses this due to being an 1000 year old vampire. Lili tries to explain why, but Eliza repeatedly falls asleep to which Lili comments that Eliza should drink less blood and more coffee.
Lili appears in Street Fighter X Tekken as a playable character, her official tag team partner is Asuka Kazama. In their story, Lili requests Asuka's help, as she plans to go to the Antarctic to retrieve the Pandora for her father. After refusing once, Asuka finally accepted Lili's offer. Lili and Asuka's rivals are Chun-Li and Cammy in the game.
Ending Description: After defeating Akuma, Asuka begins to inspect the Pandora knowing that it is nothing special when Lili suddenly becomes hostile and attacks her, who challenges her for the box. Both girls starts to fight which as a result eventually causes the ground to be break into pieces. The Pandora slide forward and falls beneath into the deep hole, much to the disappointment of the girls.
Lili is a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. This is the first game where Lili speaks her native language, French.
Ending Description: Two gangs are arguing. They are about to fight when Asuka appears and tells them off for fighting. The gang members don't take her seriously and attack her but Asuka defeats them effortlessly. Meanwhile, Lili spies on her from a building and orders her butler, Sebastian, to begin Plan A, who reluctantly proceeds with the plan not before make making an off-hand comment about Lili and Asuka's "relationship" with Lili (finding it ridiculous) ordering Sebastian to keep silence on that matter. It is revealed that the gangsters are part of this plan and immediately start fighting with each other as soon as Sebastian gives the signal. Asuka immediately tries to intervene but it's proven too much for her. Lili swoops into the scene with a megaphone, ordering everyone to "Play nice".
Asuka and the gangsters stop fighting as she does. Lili says to Asuka "Asuka Kazama, they call you the Gang Mediator but I think you're nothing more than a troublesome meddler. Now watch, with just a single word... I have them acting as the best of friends."
The gangsters start dancing together and hugging each other and Lili proclaims herself as the new Gang Mediator. Asuka is confused at first but then sees Sebastian talking into a walkie talkie and a poster asking for film extras. Realizing the truth, Asuka confronts Lili, angered, and accuses her of setting up the whole scene. Lili denies this with a smile and Asuka attacks her. While they fight, Sebastian finds it touching that Lili wanted a fistfight with Asuka.
Lili appears as a playable character on the release of Tekken Revolution.
Lili appears as a playable character in Tekken Card Tournament. Her cards mainly focus on powerful effects at the cost of the number of cards the opponent has. Her cards can also be a double edged sword, as her best cards require giving her opponent an additional card, or having predictable requirements that opponents can easily avoid. She also mainly specializes in parries, making her a relatively easy to use, but difficult to master character. Also noteworthy is that Lili has undergone the most nerfs since the game's release. She can easily beat Xiaoyu players, but she struggles against Law players, as they can nullify her card abilities, and put her in helpless situations during gameplay.
Lili has tons of versatile moves and easy-to-use, effective attacks, which benefit from great range and reach thanks to her long legs. Her damage output is surprisingly high, her counterattacks, juggling and wall fighting will all eat away at her opponent's health. That said, some of her more popular strings are easily recognizable, and may leave her wide open to punishment. She's also somewhat slow and virtually almost all of her attacks can be sidestepped, as she lacks many homing attacks. She makes up for this however with her ranged attacks which can be used at mid to long range to keep an opponent from moving in. Her lows aren't the best however and are predictable which can make it difficult for her to open up opponents.
Lili also has quite a handful of attacks that involve her jumping which can avoid lows, and she has a deadly okizeme ground game, which makes it scary to deal with Lili when she successfully knocks you down. She also possesses a attack reversal, as well as a wall throw.
Lili's sidestep is noted to be one of the strongest in the series, and she can avoid strings and attacks that would normally hit most of the playable cast.
Lili's fighting style is characterized by Gymnastics moves combined with many dance-like, acrobatic maneuvers - graceful and versatile spins, cartwheels, handstands, tumbles and pirouettes.
This fighting style is self-learned and self-developed by Lili herself, since her father, who dislikes fighting, would probably never allow her to even practice any sort of formal martial arts training. This is probably why some of Lili's moves often reflect her background and personality, as she tends to strike a lot of elegant, graceful poses as she attacks. Even her generic attacks such as her crouching kicks and jabs tend to have an air of elegance and grace.
- Emilie De Rochefort/Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Movelist
- Emilie De Rochefort/Tekken 6 Movelist
- Emilie De Rochefort/Street Fighter X Tekken Movelist
- Emilie De Rochefort/Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Movelist
- Tekken Card Tournament/Lili Cards
- Emilie De Rochefort/Tekken 7 Movelist
- Mr. De Rochefort - Her pacifist father.
- Asuka Kazama - Her arch-rival, ever since Tekken 6 and her official tag partner in Street Fighter X Tekken. And additionally, they fought each other in Tekken 7.
- Eliza - Imprisoned by the De Rochefort family safely from the Archers of Sirius and is allegedly Lili's sister.
- Sebastian - Her butler.
- Lars Alexandersson - She gives him her old SUV for him to travel in, during the Scenario Campaign story.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - She was with Lars when Lili gave him her old SUV.
- Jin Kazama - Jin claimed the oil fields owned by Rochefort Enterprises, causing Lili's father to collapse.
- Hwoarang - She teamed up with him in a battle against Jin Kazama/Devil Jin in the Tekken 6 E3 2006 trailer (non-canon).
- Lee Chaolan - She's a member of Violet Systems girls team (non-canon).
- Leo Kliesen - Her personal assistant in The Online Tekken Comic (non-canon).
- Emilie De Rochefort/Quotes
- Emilie De Rochefort/Tekken 5 Interludes
- Emilie De Rochefort/Scenario Campaign Dialogues
- Her first name, Emilie, is of Latin origin, and the meaning is "rival". Her surname, De Rochefort, comes from Old French, and the meaning is "from the fortress of rock".
- Harada confirmed that Lili's birthday is November 11, a date which was chosen because her name in lowercase english or katakana looks like "1111".
- Her self-taught personal combat system is a hybrid of street fighting, rhythmic gymnastics, and ballet. It was originally nicknamed "Monegasque-style Gymnastic Street Fighting" by fans.
- Lili's hair in-game differs from her CG movie appearances and CG renders; in renders and movies she's shown to have shoulder length side locks that sit above her chest, however in game and in certain CG scenes they are absent. It is possible they intentionally omit the side locks to make it easier to render her in-game hair.
- Her primary outfit represents the Monegasque flag (white and red).
- Lili is the youngest human playable character, as of Tekken 6, after Ling Xiaoyu.
- The official language of Monaco is French; yet, while Lili speaks fluent English in both Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and Tekken 6, she speaks French in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and onwards.
- Lili is the first Tekken character with Lolita fashion.
- In January 2018, Harada revealed an early concept art for Lili back in 2003 in which she had a sleeveless dress. It also revealed her codename to be just "Monaco.".
- This also reveals she may have been planned for the original Tekken 5, but got put on hold until Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection.
- Lili claims that Ganryu has an unibrow like her father.
- Lili owns a large tanker, apparently given to her by her father. It features in Tekken 6 Scenario Campaign where it is docked at Queen's Harbor. It is possible that this is the same tanker seen in her Street Fighter X Tekken trailer.
- In Bloodline Rebellion, Lili has a console-exclusive extra outfit designed by Ito Ogure, a well-known Japanese manga artist, known for creating the manga series Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge. This outfit resembles a wedding dress, consisting of an abdominal corset connected to skin-tight chaps, and a flowing lace veil. It can be customized with a tiara instead of a veil, with different colors, and with a set of "drill knuckles."
- Her ending is a counterpart of Asuka's Tekken 6 ending.
- In Asuka's and Panda's endings, as well as in her own, Lili wears her customized (mini-skirted) Monegasque school uniform.
- Lili's hair is shorter in her own ending.
- Lili's Stage 1 and Stage 2 opponents in Scenario Campaign's Arena Mode include Alisa Bosconovitch and Lars Alexandersson, respectively.
- The SUV that she gave to Lars was a Danver which was in the Ridge Racer series.
- Lili's item move has her summon a group of penguins, which she can command to charge at her opponent.
- This is the first game in which Lili speaks French, her native language, as opposed to English in the previous games.
- Lili's item move has her give the opponent an explosive teddy bear.
- She has a special win pose with Asuka, where both girls high-five each other hard but recoil from the pain of the impact.
- Among all the human characters in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Lili has the widest selection of character-specific costumes (three of them).
- Curiously, Lili's "Fluffy Skirt" DLC Customization item was removed in the Wii U version of the game; it cannot be unlocked at Ghost Battle, Team Battle, Survival, Combot Tuning, or even at the Wii U-exclusive mode called "Tekken Supporters".
- Her ending is the second scene among the interconnected finales between her rival Asuka, Miharu, Kuma, Panda, Alisa, and Xiaoyu.
- Lili is portrayed by Corissa Furr in the "Girl Power" trailer.
- Lili is referred to as the "Platinum Grace" in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Although it is stated in Street Fighter X Tekken that Lili enrolls at Asuka's school, the game is not canon to the main series.
- Lili, alongside Asuka and Hwoarang, is one of the only characters to use her Player 2 costume rather than her Player 1 costume.
- Interestingly, Lili's hair is exactly identical to her CG renders since the game gives her the side locks she wears over her shoulders in game.
- Her dress skirt is also animated to move in this game as well, which is interesting since in the Tekken series, her skirt is not rigged to move, possibly due to its length and to prevent any blatant up-skirts.
- Lili's medium kick attack is actually Lili's removed f4 command from Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection "Ivory Revolver".
- One of Lili's new moves are similar on one of the characters of Pokkén Tournament (Gardevoir), a project developed by the Tekken team.
- Lili's prologue in her story mode seems to suggest that there is a time skip spanning a few years in Tekken 7 due to the fact that her prologue mentions that her and Asuka have had their rivalry for years, despite Lili seeming to have only met Asuka in Tekken 5 where she was defeated by her. This is in direct contradiction to the Journalist's statement that the events Tekken 5 only occurred a few months prior.
- Lili's hair is notably strangely rendered and animated in Tekken 7; It floats and drapes fairly slowly in game and the layers of hair commonly clip into one another, as well as it being notably stiffer in movement in comparison to Tekken Tag Tournament 2. However, her hair moves a lot more fluidly in the "Tekken Bowl" mode, as her hair changes behavior in her win poses and it drapes and flows much better when she is getting ready to roll her bowling ball across the lane.
- Lili had her "gutter" or "miss" animations in Tekken Bowl changed. Originally she would slouch downwards while walking away slumped over. Now as of the recent patches, she now appears to shrug her shoulders and shakes her head in disappointment before walking away more naturally.
- In the next update along with Bryan Fury and Alex, Lili was playable in her summer appearance known as Summer Lili as her elemental affinity is water instead of her original self whose elemental affinity is lightning.
- Lili's Femme Fatale, Heavy Languish and Divine Step were used in the fan-made series Dead Fantasy by Final Fantasy character Yuna in the second episode.
- Lili appears in the Queen's Gate gamebook series and is featured in the Playstation Portable game Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos, she is voiced by Rina Satō.
- In this incarnation, her bisexual tendencies are almost open, up to becoming a running gag. However, this has never been acknowledged by Namco at any point, and she and Asuka are presented more as rivals than anything else.
- Lili appears as a guest character in the PlayStation Portable game, Digimon World Re:Digitize. In the game, Lili is addicted to the online game Digital Monsters and will challenge players with her trained Numemon called Catherine, a Monzaemon who strikes opponents with Lovely Attack, and the Demon Lord-type Lilithmon. Her butler Sebastian also gets in on the action with his trained Angemon. In "Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode", her story is expanded, and she now is in the Digital World, instead of playing the video game from home. She is a pivotal character in "The Scheming Demon Lord" storyline.
- Lili is left-handed in Dark Resurrection's Tekken Bowl.
- In Tekken: Blood Vengeance, Lili's dossier is briefly seen when Anna Williams opens a file containing dossiers of various persons of interest.
- A model named Natalie portrayed Lili in the "Tekken Maxim Photoshoot" for Maxim magazine.
- In the mobile game THE iDOLM@STER: Million Live!, an HR card has been released with the idol Iori Minase dressed as Lili. Harada himself is featured in this card, cheering Iori.
- Lili speaks Japanese in the Pachinko Tekken games.
- ^ a b Lili's dialogue in the Scenario Campaign
- ^ The Mishima Zaibatsu took over her families oil fields and put a huge amount of stress on her father
- ^ https://www.tekken-official.jp/tk5dr/characters/lili.html
- ^ Confirmed on Harada's Bar by Harada on 23rd Oct 2021
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AnJh1Ak3tU
- ^ Confirmed on Harada's Bar by Harada on 23rd Oct 2021
- ^ https://youtu.be/ACG_caWAHtQ