Fahkumram (Thai: ฟ้าคำราม; Japanese: ファーカムラム Fākamuramu) is a new character in the Tekken series. He was announced at the Tekken World Tour 2019 as the fifth DLC of Season Pass 3. He was added to Tekken 7 as of March 25, 2020.
Fahkumram is a tall, intimidating man who possesses numerous tattoos and an incredibly broad muscular appearance. His overall appearance is that of a typical Muay Thai fighter, with bands wrapped over his arms and shins and sporting Muay Thai trunks. He also posseses traditional Muay Thai 'Pra Jiad' armbands on both arms.
Fahkumram is a brutal Muay Thai fighter who is largely stoic and does not seem to enjoy talking much. In spite of his intimidating appearance, he appears to possess a seemingly humble demeanour, with one of his intros asking his opponent what they are fighting for.
Once lauded as his country’s greatest hero, Fahkumram was a legendary Muay Thai fighter, unparalleled in his field. Showing remarkable talent for the martial art from an early age, he was marked as a future champion until suffering the terrible misfortune of being struck by lightning at the tender age of 12. After spending days on the brink of death, he managed to make a miraculous recovery, eventually developing a mighty physique and growing to over two meters tall. Combining his tremendous physical strength and technical mastery with a clever tactical brain, he became Muay Thai champion by the time he was 18. Brushing aside all competition, he was feted as a national hero. On the personal front, he married at the height of his popularity, and was soon blessed with a daughter.
At the age of 24, however, his life was to take a dramatic turn for the worse. Approached by a group of unknown men and offered a massive sum to throw his next bout, he was subsequently threatened with physical harm if he failed to comply. With no intention of succumbing to such corruption, Fahkumram knocked out his opponent with a single blow shortly after the gong. Incensed, the match-fixing gang attacked Fahkumram and tried to murder him, but Fahkumram proved too strong, and managed to kill several of his would-be assassins.
Arrested on the spot once the police arrived, Fahkumram tried to assert self-defense, but as corrupt policemen and soldiers made up part of the group which had approached him, he was arrested and held by the military in a secure location. His wife and daughter were subsequently taken hostage, after which Fahkumram was given no choice but to act in accordance with the instructions of his captors, participating in secret underground martial arts competitions and show-fights against tigers and other wild animals. Unable to see a way out, Fahkumram became more and more desperate and disillusioned, and gradually lost himself in more extreme acts of violence and rage.
Four years later, with the world embroiled in the battle between the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation, the military forces controlling Fahkumram determined that the Mishima Zaibatsu posed a threat to the nation, and dispatched Fahkumram on a new mission. His task was to represent his country at The King of Iron Fist Tournament and claim victory there. With the promise that depending on the results he achieved, his family may be even set free, Fahkumram entered the fray, determined to win liberty for him and his family once and for all.
Fahkumram is an offensive character that utilizes mid-low mixups to preassure opponents. He is particularly effective at preassuring opponents against a wall.
Fahkumram fights using Muay Thai, a style of Kickboxing renowned for its additional usage of knees and elbows for striking alongside punches and kicks. Unlike other kickboxing styles, Muay Thai also holds an emphasis on clinching in order to control the fight and expose the opponent to knee or elbow strikes. It also, in regards to kicks, focuses almost solely on striking opponents using the shins and not the feet.
Unlike fellow practitioner Bruce Irvin, Fakhumram's style of Muay Thai is strictly traditional. As such, his style of fighting could be classified as 'pure' Muay Thai, unlike Bruce's more Westernized version.
- Fought with Craig Marduk during his reveal trailer.
- Fahkumram (ฟ้าคำราม) in Thai means "Roaring Sky", another word for "Thunder", befitting his origin as well.
- This is not his real name, as Muay Thai boxers usually use ring names.
- Prior to his introduction, Katsuhiro Harada expressed interest in adding a character that officially used Muay Thai in an interview with IGN. He cannot consider Bruce as a Muay Thai practitioner, as the marketing team, at the time, noted that most Westerners weren't as familiar with Muay Thai, thus Bruce was simply left officially as "Kickboxing" instead.
- His overall Muay Thai outfit bears a striking resemblance to both Sagat and Adon's primary outfits from the Street Fighter series as he was similar and often compared to Sagat in terms of physical build and height as well as sharing a similar stance.
- Unlike Sagat who had an eyepatch and a large scar on his chest, Fahkumram has many scars on his face and body and has both face and chest tattoos.
- Also two of his customized outfits has a near resemblance to Sagat's main outfit and battle costume in Street Fighter V. The only difference on one of his customized outfit and Sagat's battle costume, he wore a long vest with a gold and brown headband, the long necklace adorned with flowers are gold and the roses are dark pink and wears an off-white boxing gloves and a black ankle support.
- He is the first Thai Tekken character to appear in the series.
- His tattoo on his chest resembles the Garuda in Buddhism.
- During his original trailer at Bangkok, one of Fahkumram's Power Crushes was meant to be his "Lashing Squall". When he was released, his only Power Crush was his "Heel Strike".
- During one of his intros, the poses and gestures that Fahkumram performs is the Wai Khru Ram Muay, a traditional ritual of respect that is done before actual matches to show thanks to the fighter's teacher, and family and is usually accompanied with music to complement the fighter's movements.
- ^ a b c d e Fahkumram character description on the official site
- ^ Fahkumram's voice actor Aphichat Samutsiri...
- ^ Fahkumram TWT 2019 Finals reveal trailer
- ^ Fahkumram's translated backstory on Reddit
- ^ https://twitter.com/Yellow_Motion/status/1204322652741132288
- ^ https://twitter.com/harada_tekken/status/1204339736157933568
- ^ Your Tekken 7 Questions Have Been Answered