G Corporation (G社 G Sha?) is a cutting-edge biotech firm making revolutionary advances in the field of bio-genetics research in the Tekken series. Its most significant experiment was Kazuya Mishima who was resurrected and (consensually) experimented on by G Corporation between the events of Tekken 2 and Tekken 4.
After G Corporation high executives attempted to assassinate Kazuya, he killed them all and assumed control. After this, the company shifted more towards military development in order to compete against the Mishima Zaibatsu, as Jin had declaration of war on the world. G Corporation's main headquarters from Tekken 6 onwards were in its Millennium Tower in Tokyo, though the tower was the target of an attack by Heihachi and blown up in Tekken 7. G Corp also has key laboratories in Nebraska (USA) and in Nepal, both of which were stormed by the Mishima Zaibatsu in Tekken 4, and nearly destroyed in the process.
- 1 Story
- 2 Structure
- 3 Research and Experiments
- 4 Personnel
- 5 Corporate Relations
- 6 Stages related to G Corporation
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Trivia
- 9 See Also
- 10 References
G Corporation accidentally stumbled upon the remains of Kazuya Mishima, who had been thrown into a volcano by his father, Heihachi Mishima, after Kazuya was defeated in The King of Iron Fist Tournament 2. They came across his body during a routine research mission at Mt. Shirane. Afterwards, Kazuya's body was taken to the G Corporation’s Nebraska research facility.
After being resurrected, Kazuya offered his body as research material for genetic experimentation to investigate, determine, and harness the true mechanism of the Devil Gene that resided within his body. Kazuya wished to be fully in control of his devil before confronting Heihachi again.
G Corporation raid
Heihachi Mishima discovered that G Corporation had found the remains of Kazuya, and had extracted and analyzed the genetic data. In fact, Heihachi learned that the G Corporation was in the midst of creating a new life form by using the data. Heihachi himself had intentions of creating the ultimate life form by combining Ogre's DNA with his, but he needed the Devil Gene, something only his son, Kazuya, and his grandson, Jin Kazama, possessed.
Heihachi used the Tekken Force to raid G Corporation’s maximum security research laboratory in Nepal on December 25. The bottom floors of the building were completely destroyed. The remaining data storage facility containing file servers was airlifted by a group of heavy-duty helicopters. At the same time, a separate unit, which was led by Heihachi himself, infiltrated the G Corporation underground research facility in Nebraska, where Kazuya Mishima's remains were supposedly preserved. The operation in Nebraska failed, due to the unexpected intervention of Kazuya Mishima himself, whom Heihachi learned from footage of the raid, was in fact alive. In the process of the raids, Tekken Force also took all of G Corporation's data on its forest rejuvenation project, GENOCELL, that had been led by Professor T and included researcher Julia Chang. This data was then used in a project (the Devil-Human Integration Program) at the Zaibatsu led by Doctor Abel to try and merge devil and human cells.
Before The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, many Jack-4s were sent to attack Heihachi and Kazuya at Hon-Maru. Kazuya escaped before one of the Jack-4s self-destructed by transforming into Devil and flying away through a hole in the wall. Heihachi did not escape, as Kazuya threw him to the Jack-4s before he left. The explosion almost killed Heihachi and he was flung miles and knocked unconscious, but he managed to survive.
Kazuya, entered the King of Iron Fist 5 to determine who his attackers were, and discovered after beating the information from Raven, that G Corporation had betrayed him and plotted against him. At the conclusion of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, he killed all the executives of G Corporation that betrayed him before taking over the company himself. At around the same time, likely during this takeover, Emma Kliesen who worked at G Corp, was also killed. Shortly after Kazuya's takeover, Jin declared the Mishima Zaibatsu's independence and waged war against the world.
War Against Jin
Unable to accept a world ruled by someone other than himself, Kazuya publicly announced G Corporation's decision to fight the Zaibatsu and was celebrated as a hero for standing up to the Zaibatsu. Recruiting his previous subordinates, Anna Williams and Bruce Irvin, Kazuya released a large bounty on Jin's head, who responded by announcing the King of Iron Fist Tournament 6. Kazuya began rapidly militarising G Corporation, with Bruce training up an armed forces, and G Corp's research being streamlined for war. Kazuya's efforts to oppose Jin were globally welcomed as heroic and his company were publically seen as a force for good, standing up against the tyrannical Zaibatsu.
G Corporation was initially struggling in the war, as they had a vastly inferior force to the Zaibatsu, though things took a turn when nearly half of the Zaibatsu's Tekken Force, rebelled in a coup led by Lars Alexandersson. Lars took his ex-Tekken Force soldiers and formed the rebel army Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil proved a thorn in G Corp's side, but their main opponents were the Zaibatsu, forcing to the war to open on more fronts, ultimately benefiting G Corporation.
War Against Heihachi
Near the end of the sixth tournament, Jin mysteriously disappeared. Without its leader, the Mishima Zaibatsu began losing progressively against G Corporation until the arrival of Heihachi, who took control of the company from Nina Williams. G Corporation then attempted to attack Heihachi with a squadron of JACK-6s, who was held up in a fight against Akuma, the man sent by the late Kazumi Mishima to kill Kazuya and Heihachi. Although the entire JACK unit was destroyed, their camera footage relayed information to Kazuya about Akuma, who apparently seemed to defeat Heihachi in their fight.
With Heihachi declared dead by the Mishima Zaibatsu (in reality, at Heihachi's behest), and the King of Iron Fist Tournament 7 suspended, Akuma arrived at the Millennium Tower to fight Kazuya. Kazuya dismissed his G Corp soldiers, telling them not to engage the assassin because he is too powerful and would beat them easily. After a brief fight, Kazuya was forced to transform into his devil form to keep up with Akuma. Heihachi, who had only faked his death, proceeded to broadcast the fight's footage to the world, showing Kazuya to be a demon in a man's body. Heihachi then launched an attack on G Corp's Millennium Tower where the fight was taking place. The tower was destroyed by a blast from the Mishima Zaibatsu's Orbital Laser Satellite, taking out both Akuma and Kazuya.
Kazuya, however, survived the blast, and, shortly after, in retaliation, used his own devil laser to shoot down the satellite from orbit. He pinned the blame of the ensuing disaster as the satellite fell to earth on the Zaibatsu.
Eventually, Heihachi invited Kazuya to a final duel to the death within a volcano. Ultimately, Kazuya emerged victorious, and G Corporation scored a massive blow over the Zaibatsu after Kazuya flung the unconscious Heihachi into the volcano. In the epilogue it is revealed that Kazuya and G Corporation are seemingly continuing the violence and war that Jin started, despite their victory over the Zaibatsu's leadership.
The physicist Jane was protected by Gun Jack when the Tekken Force attacked her inside Mishima Zaibatsu Heavy Industries. A G Corporation freighter saved her the next day. She became an engineer for G Corporation, developing Jack-4, as well as Jack-5, Jack-4's successor. G Corporation sent Jack-5 to The King of Iron Fist Tournament 5 for field testing. After Jack-5's memories were restored, she created the sixth model, Jack-6, after being demanded about to make an upgraded another JACK model. G Corporation sent Jack-6 to The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 to stop the Mishima Zaibatsu.
In the events of Tekken 7, Jane and her team are revealed to be in competition with another G Corp research team, which is developing the new biotechnological weapon named Gigas. Both teams entered their weapons into the King of Iron Fist Tournament to decide which was the best.
Whist it is unknown if it is canon, Devil Within purports to take place during the events of Tekken 5. In the game, Jin fights his way through numerous levels of a G Corporation genetics laboratory, likely in Mexico and built over the ruins of Ogre's Temple. Jin's initial motivation for breaking in is that he has heard rumours that his mother may be alive there. Super-soldiers, highly advanced robots, JACKs, including a modified Gun Jack model, and clones of Heihachi Mishima are encountered within the labatory complex. The Heihachi clones are fought in a room that has been decorated like a child's bedroom, possibly indicating that it may have been used for psychological experiments on Kazuya during his time as a G Corp experiment. The G Corp facility seems to have been built on top of ancient ruins, though it is unclear, since Jin becomes progressively more unstable as his Devil Gene takes over, making him an unreliable narrator.
- Main article: G Corporation, Millennium Tower
For the duration of Tekken 6 and part of Tekken 7, G Corporation's headquarters were located in the Millennium Tower, Tokyo, Japan. The tower has a glass foyer that opens on a square where a battle took place between G Corp security forces and the rebel army Yggdrasil in Tekken 6. The tower itself is an enormous glass skyscraper, with a noticable helipad on top, and the luminous G Corp logo lit up behind it. The tower was destroyed by the Mishima Zaibatsu during Tekken 7, when Heihachi Mishima blew it up with his laser satellite.
The headquarters after the tower was blown up appears to be in a nearby building with a distinctive round control room.
G Corp is a corporation now with international reach and facilities and labs around the world. These include:
- A Nebraska laboratory - One of their principal labs and the location where Kazuya Mishima was resurrected.
- GENOCELL labs - Laboratories where Professor T and Julia Chang were working on project GENOCELL, likely in the USA.
- A Nepalese maximum security lab - A lab filled with supercomputers, where GENOCELL data was being stored. It was raided by the Mishima Zaibatsu at the start of Tekken 4 and all of its data was stolen.
- G Security Service, Operations Headquarters - An enormous military base where Bruce Irvin trained up G Corporation's military. Likely to be in Japan.
- Abandoned Mansion - A disused experimental facility situated in the Southern Woodlands. The facility is an old abandoned mansion that was used by G Corporation until it was shut down 5 years before the events of Tekken 6. Runaway G-Corp human experiments were hiding here in Tekken 6 Scenario Campaign.
- Medicern Experimental Laboratory (possibly non-canon) - An expansive secret research lab built for human experimentation, Jack testing, and possible Devil Gene research. It is likely built over the ruins of Ogre's Temple in Mexico. Kazuya Mishima was likely experimented on here. The labs were broken into by Jin Kazama between the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4 and Iron Fist 5.
The only known branded subsidiary of G Corporation is Medicern. This wing markets itself as making scientific discoveries for a better future, but has experimental labs dedicated to human testing, and is also responsible in part for the JACK robots as well.
G Corporation also now has an extensive private military, likely run as a subsidiary of the corporation.
Research and Experiments
G Corporation is a bio-tech firm who specialize in genetics and bio-engineering. Most of their research projects are connected to gene therapy and experimentation. Their known research projects are:
- Resurrection/Devil Gene Research - subject: Kazuya Mishima
- Human Experimentation/Super soldier Research - subject: Gigas; unknown escaped subjects.
- Human Cloning - (possibly non-canonical)
- 'GENOCELL/Reforestation Project' - lead researcher: Professor T, researcher: Julia Chang
- Robotics/robot soldiers - subject: the Jack series, lead researcher: Jane
- Animal Experimentation
- Medical Research - This branch operates under the brand name Medicern and can be seen in Devil Within (Mode) and in City After Dark.
Prior to Tekken 6 G Corporation was run by a board of executives about whom little is known. It is likely that the geneticist Emma Kliesen held some influential sway in this board.
After the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4, G Corporation targeted their lead experiment, Kazuya Mishima, believing that he was no longer in their control, and Heihachi Mishima, the CEO of their main rival corporation, the Mishima Zaibatsu. The attack put Heihachi out of action for many months, resulting in his corporation being forfeit (going first to his reanimated father and then to his grandson), but Kazuya escaped the attack unscathed. Kazuya then hunted down the G Corp executives who had betrayed them, and killed them, possibly in an act of arson. Kazuya left the the fifth Iron Fist tournament to pursue his revenge, and violently took control of the corporation and has been running it ever since. He initially ran the corporation from the shadows, but became a global heroic figurehead during the events of Tekken 6 when his corporation became the only significant world power to stand up to Jin's warmongering Zaibatsu.
- Kazuya Mishima - CEO since Tekken 6, experiment from just after Tekken 2 until he is betrayed in Tekken 5.
- Jane - A scientist in G Corporation robotics department.
- Julia Chang - A researcher in G Corporation biotech department. She was secretly allied with Lee, working as a spy for him and passing information to Violet Systems. She was rescued by Lars and Alisa at Lee's request when G-Corp became suspicious and detained her (TK6). Her research was on a forest rejuvenation project called GENOCELL.
- Professor T - A genetic researcher for G Corporation. He was head of the GENOCELL research divsion.
- Emma Kliesen - G Corporation executive. Was killed with other executives during Kazuya's takeover. Emma's previous work was in human experimentation for the Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Anna Williams - Kazuya's assistant and secretary.
- Bruce Irvin - Kazuya's army leader.
- Lucky Chloe - An idol sponsored by the company and used by them for PR.
- Jack series - A series of robotic soldiers developed by G Corporation under Jane beginning with Jack-4.
- Gigas - A new type of biological super soldier developed by the Bio Research division by experimenting on the foster father of Katarina Alves.
- Ling Xiaoyu - (non-canon) Hired by Anna in Blood Vengeance to gather information about Shin Kamiya, she later betrays the company because of her unwillingness to get herself involved with the Mishima clan's feud.
G Corporation was militarized rapidly by Kazuya Mishima in order to meet the threat that Jin Kazama posed when he waged war on the world with the Mishima Zaibatsu. Though G Corp did have security forces before this, including an engineering department working on the Jack series, its greatest expansion happened under Kazuya, who sought out his old employee Bruce Irvin for the purpose of training up a highly specialised force in a short space of time.
G Corp now has a large military that is capable of holding its own against the Zaibatsu. They have armored cars, tanks, rocket artillery, and a range of support and attack helicopters. They have high security battleships that are disguised as tankers and used to transport JACKs undetected to warzones. Their laboratories and facilities in general are protected by very high-tech security. At least one G Corp military unit answers directly to Kazuya and was used to smother a case against G Corporation by attacking an Interpol office.
G Corporation troops have different uniforms depending on their rank and branch, but they all wear distinctive kharki green uniforms, usually with a rounded helmet and a red visor over the eyes. Unlike Tekken Force, they are not known for wearing full face helmets and body armor, instead often having the lower part of their face exposed, and wearing lighter more maneuverable armor (usually shoulder pads, knee pads, arm guards and bullet-proof vests). This may reflect that they are a less well equipped military than the long-term established Tekken Force.
A number of different kinds of G-Corp soldiers are known to exist:
- G-Corp Trooper - equipped with light armor and SG553 assault rifles.
- G-Corp Heavy Trooper - equipped with heavy armor and a M134 minigun.
- G-Corp Special Forces - equipped with camo armor and ACR assault rifles.
- G-Corp Security Guards - usually in suits with no armor, equipped with MP7 sub-machine guns.
- Jack series
- Mishima Zaibatsu - The main corporate rivals of G Corporation. The Zaibatsu raided their high tech labs and stole data on their genetics research and GENOCELL research. They also destroyed their headquarters in Tekken 7. G Corporation militarized in order to challenge the Zaibatsu in their global war, and were praised as heroes for doing so.
- Tekken Force - The private army of the Mishima Zaibatsu, currently engaged in conflict with G Corporation since Tekken 6.
- Violet Systems - Rival in robotics development. Their CEO, Violet/Lee Chaolan opposes Kazuya's interests. Violet Systems bought shares in G Corporation, and were also spying on them, through Julia Chang. They also fund the rebel army Yggdrasil who are fighting the Zaibatsu and G Corp.
- Yggdrasil - Lars Alexandersson's rebel army. They attacked G Corporation bases during the events of Tekken 6.
- The Resistance - Neutral with G Corporation, but were considered a threat that needed removing by G Corporation.
- Archers of Sirius - Temporary Allied with the Heihachi-led Mishima Zaibatsu and intended to bring down Kazuya. Enemies of G Corporation.
- The United Nations - Spied on G Corporation in Tekken 5, 6, & 7, and opposed the way they escalated the war with the Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Interpol - The International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO) became interested in G Corporation's affairs when detective Lei Wulong realised Kazuya was the CEO. Kazuya had been the subject of a previous Interpol investigation when he ran the Zaibatsu in Tekken 2. In Tekken 6 Scenario Campaign, G Corp assaulted an ICPO Branch Office in order to hush up an investigation that was being conducted against them.
- Lightning Storm (Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion)
- G Corp. Helipad (Tekken 7/Fated Retribution)
- G Corp. Helipad (Night) (Tekken 7/Fated Retribution)
- G Corporation, Millennium Tower (Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion) (Scenario Mode only)
- G Corporation, Millennium Tower Heliport (Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion) (Scenario Mode only)
- City After Dark (Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion)
- Container Terminal 3 (Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion) (Scenario Mode only)
- G Science and Technology, Research Building 3 (Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion) (Scenario Mode only)
- G Security Service, Operations Headquarters (Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion) (Scenario Mode only)
- ICPO Branch Office (Tekken 6/Bloodline Rebellion) (Scenario Mode only) (G Corp soldiers have taken over here)
- Devil Within (Mode) is set within G-Corporation and features numerous rooms and facilities.
- Although never seen, G Corporation performs animal experimentation. 
- The Millennium Tower is equipped radio wave emitters to ward off pests and rodents 
- G Corporation is likely to originally be a U.S.-based American corporation (though its reach is now international), since its main research facility is based in Nebraska, and its name, along with all of its logos and branding, are in English. G Corporation staff also talk in American accented English when speaking to Kazuya in Tekken 7, and a blown up map of North America is featured in G Corporation HQ. An official G Corp letter given to Jack-7 in his Tekken 7 ending, is also written in English, and even signed in English by Kazuya Mishima (who otherwise exclusively uses Japanese), and the currency of money to be given to Jack in said letter is in dollars.
- Although G Corporation have a military that can rival the Zaibatsu's, in Lars's story in Pachislot 4 G Corp are shown struggling to hold their own against the Zaibatsu's overwhelming forces. It seems likely that it was only Lars's defection, and the Zaibatsu's rocky leadership with the absence of Jin and the death of Heihachi that gave G Corporation the upper hand in the war by the end of Tekken 7.
- In Tekken 6 Scenario Campaign, G Corporation try to smother a case against them being worked by Interpol, and their soldiers are fought at an Interpol branch office.
- In Tekken 6 Scenario Campaign, human test subjects are broken out of a research facility by Armor King and aided (for his own reasons) by Bryan Fury. This is the first instance of known human test subjects at G Corporation, other than Kazuya Mishima.
- In Tekken 7, the Journalist claims that Kazuya's takeover of G Corporation and killing of the executives was done through arson, or at least through an explosion of some kind that rocked the building, meaning Kazuya took over 'without even dirtying his hands'.
- In the non-canon Street Fighter X Tekken, it is implied that Jane has been spying on Ryu, a character from the Street Fighter series and UDON Comics to gain information on the Satsui no Hado, though Kazuya is not aware of this.
- ^ They are described as a cutting edge research firm making new advances, and collected Kazuya's body from the volcano days after he was thrown in at the end of Tekken 2, meaning they were at least an established company by the time of Tekken 2. In the 'Story of the Mishimas' prelude to Tekken 6 Heihachi describes G Corporation as a 'start up company' prior to Tekken 4.
- ^ While the Millennium Tower is in Tokyo, G Corp's main base of operations was likely originally in the USA (See Trivia). The Millennium Tower was destroyed during the events of Tekken 7. G Corp's new HQ location is currently unknown.
- ^ Kazuya took over as CEO between the events of Tekken 5 and Tekken 6
- ^ Their branding and laboratories feature significantly in the G Corp labs in Devil Within and their logo can also be found in the City After Dark Tekken 6 stage.
- ^ This is likely the raid that robbed G Corporation of their GENOCELL data.
- ^ According to the possibly canonical Tekken Pachislot 4, G Corporation was still struggling in the war well into Tekken 7, although Kazuya's Japanese Tekken 7 biography confirms that things had begun to swing in their favour during the course of Tekken 7.
- ^ Tekken 6 Scenario Campaign, see Bryan and Armor King encounters.
- ^ In Devil Within (Mode) G Corporation have clones of Heihachi Mishima, which fight the player in room decorated like a child's bedroom.
- ^ See Tekken 7 story mode.
- ^ As shown in Tekken 6 Scenario Campaign.
- ^ Lars Alexandersson/Scenario Campaign Dialogues#Lei Wulong
- ^ https://youtu.be/aX6EzGvfkCo?t=1319
- ^ https://youtu.be/aX6EzGvfkCo?t=1430
- ^ See for example the logos and brands visible inside G Corp in Devil Within (Mode).
- ^ https://youtu.be/jiQq6x_Xj8U?t=2455
- ^ Tekken 7 Story Mode Chapter 2