Lars Alexandersson (ラース・アレクサンダーソン Rāsu Arekusandāson?) is one of the main characters of the Tekken series since his first introduction in Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion and is the main protagonist of that game and later one of the main protagonists in Tekken 7. Lars' tagline is "the one who betrayed his own in order to build a new era".
Lars has a heroic personality, as he led the coup d'etat against the Mishima Zaibatsu. He also has the fighting spirit and determination of his half-nephew, Jin Kazama, and the charisma of his adopted brother Lee Chaolan, but is the complete opposite to Heihachi and Kazuya, being much like Jun Kazama in terms of personality. He strongly resembles Jin Kazama at times. Lars' actions and surroundings fit the mold of an archetypical hero.
Lars' personality ranges from calm to angry at various moments, and his words and actions are that of a soldier.
As the Mishima Zaibatsu waged war on the world, G Corporation, led by Kazuya Mishima, rose from titanic to power and was their main opposition, leading to worldwide conflict. Meanwhile, the Zaibatsu's former Tekken Force soldiers began a coup d'etat against the Mishima Zaibatsu. The mastermind behind this coup d'etat was Lars Alexandersson, a young and charismatic Tekken Force officer with incredible physical ability and intellect. Most importantly, he is the illegitimate son of Heihachi Mishima, and with the exception of Lars, no one, not even Heihachi, is aware of this piece of information. Lars's goal is to bring peace by defeating his half-nephew, Jin Kazama.
A former officer of the Mishima Zaibatsu's special military unit, the Tekken Force, Lars enacted a coup d'état and rebelled against his former employer.
Lars continues to fight despite the loss of his fallen comrades, and his bloody rebellion is nowhere near finished.
While driving in the Middle East, Lars watches his birth father's announcement of the King of The Iron Fist Tournament 7. He later finds and rescues Jin from being captured by UN soldiers, bringing his nephew to a facility owned by Lee for his recovery. Later, Lars reunites with Alisa after she is brought by Lee. When the three of them watch over Jin, Lars is about to state his intentions for his nephew when they are suddenly attacked by the Tekken Force. Lars and his men hold off the soldiers while Alisa battles Nina. Lee manages to hijack the helicopter carrying Jin, and Lars makes his escape with Alisa while Lars’ army exits by the other side of the escape passage. Lee then destroys the facility with no one left behind. Lars later asks if it was Lee's plan all along to lure them into defeat them.
Later, Lars is introduced by Lee to an investigative journalist who is trying to uncover the truth of the Mishima Zaibatsu. While talking to Lee, Lars reveals that he intends to use Jin to stop the war, which surprises the journalist. Lars later finds the journalist preparing to kill Jin out of revenge for starting the war which led to his family as one of the casualties. Understanding how the journalist felt, Lars stops him from doing so, restating that he believes that Jin himself will be the key to ending the conflict.
A few days later, Lars, Lee, Alisa and the journalist watch Heihachi's broadcasting Kazuya's devil form while the latter is fighting Akuma. At night, Lars receives a call from the Mishima Zaibatsu, informing him to pick up the journalist at a wharf after his interview with Heihachi. A few hours later, they all watch via Lee's spy satellite as Heihachi and Kazuya fight for the final time inside a volcano.
After Heihachi is killed by Kazuya, Lars stands on the rooftops of a destroyed city with Lee and Alisa, and says to the now-awakened Jin that he now has to right his wrongs, and bring an end to the endless conflict for good.
Lars appeared as a playable character in Street Fighter X Tekken (as a default in the PlayStation Vita version and as a DLC in other versions). His partner is Alisa Bosconovitch and their rivals are Sakura and Blanka.
Lars appears as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
Ending Description: Lars, Kazuya, Jin, Heihachi, Jun and Asuka are sitting around a dinner table, eagerly awaiting Jun's prepared dinner. As soon as the pot steams up and is opened, however, Lars finds himself unable to eat even a single morsel as everyone literally outspeeds him in grabbing any bit of food they can, even one final egg which gets launched into the air and subsequently speared into pieces by everyone's chopsticks. Even when there is one last strip of seaweed left that Lars tries to get at, Heihachi immediately inhales it. Lars eventually awakens in his squad helicopter, the whole ordeal having been but a nightmare. The movie ends as Lars dismisses his dream as a bad one and his stomach growls, sheepishly asks if anyone has any food he can have.
Lars is a bonus playable character in Naruto Shippūden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. He wears a custom outfit designed for him by Masashi Kishimoto, which was also added to Bloodline Rebellion. Unlike other characters, he will speak in Japanese even if the English setting is on. Instead of throwing shurikens and using nature transformations, Lars uses special firearms with shuriken ammo as projectiles. His Jutsu is his "Zeus" uppercut and his Ultimate Jutsu being his ten-hit combo. His Awakening Mode is Tekken 6's Rage Mode, complete with red trails.
His background story in the game is left unknown.
Lars appears as a playable character in Tekken Revolution.
Lars is one of the more flexible fighters in the series, equipped with a number of moves that are useful in a variety of situations and against a variety of fighters, and is also one of the most simple to learn and use. Lars is an offensive character, with great speed and safe launchers, which make it pretty easy to get the opponent up into the air for juggles.
According to Katsuhiro Harada, Lars' fighting style was not based on any real martial art and is completely made up. His fighting style was officially listed as Karate in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. In Tekken 7 however, it is now referred to as "Tekken Forces Martial Arts" (鉄拳衆特殊部隊格闘術 Tekkenshū tokushu butai kakutō-jutsu?).
Lars' fighting style strongly resembles and was possibly inspired by Shorinji Kempo, a martial art that includes rapid attacks and flashy, quick movements including the elements of go-ho (hard techniques such as punches, kicks, and other strikes) and ju-ho (soft techniques such as joint locks, throws, and defenses).
- Jinpachi Mishima - His deceased grandfather.
- Heihachi Mishima - His now-deceased father. Lars is the illegitimate child of Heihachi and a Swedish woman.
- Kazuya Mishima - His older half-brother.
- Asuka Kazama - His relative through Jin. Lars initially thought of Asuka and Jin as siblings or cousins, but Asuka denied this.
- Lee Chaolan - His adoptive older brother. Lee became allies with Lars during his visit at Violet Systems and offered to help him to repair Alisa at the end of the Scenario Campaign. Works together with him in protecting Jin in Tekken 7.
- Jin Kazama - His half-nephew and former superior. Rescues him from capture and later sends him out to defeat Kazuya in Tekken 7.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - His partner in the Scenario Campaign. However, at Jin's headquarters, she betrays Lars when Jin reprogrammed her. She was finally defeated by Lars and Raven outside Azazel's temple, Lars then brought her to Lee to be repaired by him. Reunites with her in Tekken 7. Alisa is also Lars' partner in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Tougou - His deceased close friend and lieutenant.
- Nina Williams - His enemy in the Scenario Campaign in TK6 and in TK7.
- Eddy Gordo - His former colleague in the Mishima Zaibatsu.
- Raven - His second partner and ally, who teamed up with Lars after Alisa turned against him.
- Lei Wulong - Lars (along with Alisa) helped him defeat members of G Corporation at an Interpol branch office.
- Julia Chang - Lars rescued her from G Corporation (by Lee's request).
- Lili - She had done research on Lars and gave him her old SUV for him to travel in.
- Azazel - Lars defeated him, but he did not die. He was later destroyed by Jin.
- Wang Jinrei - He gave information to Lars about Jin's war on the world and warned him about Alisa. He also told him about an epitaph Heihachi found in Central America that might be of use to him.
- Zafina - She assures that Lars will save the world from Azazel. She later allies with Lars (and Raven) to fight off an army of Tekken Force soldiers on an island (Anger of the Earth).
- NANCY-MI847J - He encountered it during the Scenario Campaign, but it was dealt with by Raven.
- Noctis Lucis Caelum - A friend of Lars as seen in his reveal trailer where Lars contacts him to clear their fishing spot (non-canon).
- Oddly, Lars shares some traits with Lars from the movie Lars And The Real Girl
- While they both share the same first name, they also share the suffix of their last names; ie -son (Linderson, Alexandersson respectively)
- Also, they're both protagonists of their own story, and they have one thing in common: Having a humanoid partner along them (Bianca is a Realdoll, while Alisa is a cyborg).
- Coincidentally, the movie itself was released in 2007, the same year Tekken 6 was released on arcades, and also they're both released one month apart (October 12 and November 26 respectively).
- in his first name, Lars, is derived from the Roman/Latin name "Laurentius", which means "from Laurentum" or "crowned with laurel". It's also the Swedish word for "Laurence".
- His last name, Alexandersson, is a surname derived of two parts; from the Greek name "Alexander" (literally meaning "He who defends men") and the Scandinavian suffix "son" (meaning "son of"). Alexandersson meaning "Son of the Defender of Mankind".
- A vast majority of Lars' moves are named after military terms or terms used in the field of electronics and electromagnetism.
- He shares some physical similarities with Siegfried Schtauffen, a character and main protagonist of the Soul series, another fighting game series by Namco.
- In Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Lars can be customized to resemble Siegfried.
- Lars' overall appearance resembles Dragon Ball protagonist Son Goku in his first Super Saiyan form.
- Lars also bears similarities with Alex from the Street Fighter series (specifically, from the Street Fighter III games).
- Both are military-themed or military-inspired characters.
- Both Lars and Alex replace Jin and Ryu respectively as new protagonists.
- Both are the first non-Japanese (in Lars' case, half-Japanese) characters to become main protagonists of their series.
- Both Lars and Alex serve as sharp contrasts to the previous protagonists in terms of personalities. While Jin and Ryu are both calm and indifferent, Lars and Alex are bold and emotional.
- The name of the rebel army that Lars leads is called Yggdrasil. In Norse mythology, it is an immense tree that is central in Norse cosmology, in connection to which the nine worlds exist.
- Despite being Swedish, Lars has only spoken in Japanese so far, making him one of the few Tekken characters who do not speak in their native language.
- Lars' cellphone appeared to be an unknown Sony Ericsson model until it changed into an unknown touch screen phone.
- Fans have noted some physical similarities between Lars and Jacky Bryant from the Virtua Fighter series. Lars is also somewhat similar to Jean Kujo. Both are European but have Japanese heritage and speak Japanese, and even share the same part of their last intro quote speech. They also have been at the expansions of Tekken 6 and Virtua Fighter 5.
- Lars is unplayable in Scenario Campaign's Arena Mode along with Alisa, since Scenario Campaign describes both their stories.
- The old SUV that Lili gave to Lars was a Danver which was in the Ridge Racer series.
- Like Jin, Lars is most likely unaware that Kazumi Mishima is Heihachi's wife and Kazuya's mother.
- Some aspects of Lars may be inspired by the Scandinavian God of Thunder, Thor. Lars is from Sweden, which is part of Scandinavia, and has power over lightning. One of his moves is even named after Thor's Hammer "Mjolnir". He also has long blond hair in his Naruto Shippuden outfit.
- His move "Zeus" in the Ultimate Ninja Storm games, has him summoning lightning bolts from the sky into his hand to electrically charge it and hit the opponent with it.
- His item move is the Submachine Gun which he uses to shoot his opponent three times.
- Lars, along with Alisa, are the only two characters not to have their own Arena Mode in Scenario Campaign.
- In the PSP version, however, they have their own Story Mode (which is the PSP counterpart to Arena Mode). Lars' opponents include the following: Kazuya Mishima, Azazel, Alisa Bosconovitch and Jin Kazama.
- Lars is portrayed by Jonathan Henry in the live-action short film.
- In the Wii U version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Lars has a 3rd costume based on Link from Twilight Princess.
- Lars is voiced by Zach Hanks in English. Unlike his guest appearance in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 where he is voiced only in Japanese.
- His swap costume is Geki's (one of the NPC characters from the original Street Fighter) outfit.
- Ken's Swap Costume is Lars' outfit.
- His Rage Drive (1+2 after Silent Entry transition) is a modified Lightning Thrust which allows him to extend his combos further than usual by automatically transitioning to Dynamic Entry. If blocked, the player can perform a faster version of Zeus.
- This is the first game where he uses the pronoun "kisama" (貴様) as his form of second-person pronoun. He used this pronoun on the post-credits scene.
- Lucario borrows a lot of moves from Lars; It uses his Hollow Point into Lightning Thrust, Ark Blast as its Counter Attack and Blue Bolt. Also, its alternate color makes it resemble Lars in Tekken 6.
- ^ a b http://www.tekken-official.jp/tag2/chara/lars.html
- ^ a b http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk7ac/character/lars.php
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/13569426695655424
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/109996419615690752
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/304529116131110913
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/254338952281067520
- ^ https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/305190144057688065