Master Raven (マスターレイヴン Masutā Reivun?) is a character in the Tekken fighting game series. She was introduced in Tekken 7. She is Raven's senior officer whom she replaces while taking on the same fighting style.
Very little is known about Master Raven. Nevertheless, the fighter appears to have a cold attitude and seems to take her mission seriously, as she says: "Mission accomplished" when winning a battle. Much like Raven before her, her true identity remains unknown and she uses a codename "Master Raven" suggesting that the name "Raven" is used within the secret organization to which they both belong.
Master Raven is a dark-skinned woman of unknown nationality (potentially American, West, Central or South African) with faded scars across her face. She wears her black and blonde hair in dreads gathered into a very long ponytail, leaving three bangs in front of her face. She also shaves the sides and bottom of the rest of her hair, leaving those areas with a low buzz cut. She is of athletic build and has the musculature of a well-trained martial artist.
Main Article: Master Raven/Outfits
She wears a dark grey-colored bodysuit. Her attire is covered by pauldrons, gauntlets, a face plate, greaves, a flat blue muffler, and a ninja sword that she utilizes in battle. Her other alternative outfits exclusive to her include a skintight bodysuit that seems to have technological enhancements and her business suit that includes a tie and heels.
Attached to the United Nations' secret intelligence service, she is code named "Master Raven". She is a high ranked official with plenty of sub-ordinates tasked in various dangerous missions.
With Heihachi Mishima reclaiming the Mishima Zaibatsu and waging war on G Corporation, the activities of this secret service have been increased to monitor and report what is happening in the world. Loyal to her duty, she will go to the ends of the earth for her role.
Character Episode Prologue: As an agent for the UN's intelligence bureau, Master Raven embarked on her latest top-secret mission: Infiltrate the King of Iron Fist Tournament and confront her assigned target.
Ending Description: After defeating Dragunov, Master Raven is amused that he was the one giving her subordinate a hard time. As she turns and walks away, Dragunov orders a tank to fire a missile at her. Master Raven easily slices it in half with her sword. Disappointed, Master Raven calls her subordinate an imbecile who needs to be retrained. As she takes her leave, a defeated Dragunov falls to his knees.
Master Raven plays similarly to Raven, but as a master of the style she utilizes many teleportation techniques and has longer range due to her sword.
Master Raven fights using Ninjutsu.
- Her item move has her perform a Kawarimi (変わり身) where she takes a hit, but will negate the damage and have a log take her place in receiving the attack.
- She is featured in the reveal trailer for Kunimitsu II.
- Master Raven can use her rage drive (f+3+4,2) after landing a counter hit with her Demon Knee (Master Raven facing away f+3) to launch her opponent into an aerial combo. This makes her, Josie Rizal, Lee, Kuma and Panda the only characters who are able to launch off moves that would otherwise only give guaranteed ground hits when rage is active.
- She can even return a grounded opponent, launched facing away, feet up, to a normal position with her rage drive, allowing her to use normal combos after launching with the Buzzsaw attack (qcf+2).
- In Forgotten Realm, she can use her second rage drive (f+3+4,d+2) in wall combos. If timed properly, it will do more damage than usual. However, it will only work after a wall carry.
- Master Raven stands as "FRV" ("Female Raven") in the game files.