Signature moves of this fighting style include the following:
- Rising Uppercut/Wind God Fist/Electric Wind God Fist
- Dragon Uppercut
- Flash Punch Combo
- Demon Slayer
- Demon Backhand Spin
- Right Splits Kick
- Left Splits Kick
- Tsunami Kick
- Spinning Demon
- Demon Scissors
- Rising Sun
They also all share a 10 Hit Combo (f,f,N,2,1,2,2,3,4,4,1,2,1), although Jinpachi Mishima cannot use it.
While the style itself does not migrate outside the Mishima family, there have been instances in the older games, most notably the first Tekken game, where other characters would have the same moves, such as Armor King who was able to use moves similar in animation, properties, and damage as the Dragon Uppercut and Rising Uppercut.
As the series progressed, the moves became more and more dissimilar among the practitioners, e.g. Heihachi performing the Flash Punch Combo in one way, but Kazuya doing it in another way, when initially, the two characters had executed the moves exactly the same. Also, the fighting style branched out more with each character gaining even more moves that were uniquely their own, effectivively creating different variations of the same fighting style.
Despite Mishima Style Fighting Karate being a fictional martial art, its influences do originate from real martial arts. Furthermore, it is curious to note that all Mishima clan members reflect the different styles of Karate.
- Heihachi's style is heavily influenced by Goju-Ryu Karate, using a lot of low horse, open hand and front stances, chops and hammer fist attacks.
- Kazuya (and therefore Devil) uses lots of hip turning, closed fist attacks and countering. He embodies Shotokan Karate.
- Jin (in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament only), and later his Devil form, depicts the art of Shito-Ryu. After Tekken 3 Jin rejects Mishima Karate, learning a new style based on Kyokushin Karate (though it says Traditional Karate in the game).
See also: Karate.
- Devil - Stated as "unknown" in Tekken 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament, he fights using Kazuya's moveset combined with supernatural powers.
- Angel - Stated as "unknown" in Tekken 2, Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken Tag Tournament 2, she fights using a variation of Kazuya's moveset combined with supernatural powers.
- Jin Kazama - Officially stated in his profile in Tekken 3 and Tekken Tag Tournament. Jin fought using a mixed style composed of mainly Mishima style Karate, taught by his grandfather Heihachi, combined with the Kazama Style Self Defense, taught by his mother Jun and some by self teaching. Jin's style resembled much Kazuya's moveset but with some moves from Jun as well new attacks of his own, most introduced in TTT.
He has discarded this fighting style since Tekken 4, replacing it with Karate even though his old former style is used by his demonic self.
Through a secret move , he can temporarily revert to Mishima Karate in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 if he is paired with another Mishima Karate practitioner.
- Devil Jin - Stated as "unknown" in Tekken 5, Tekken 6, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Tekken 7, Devil Jin fights using an updated version of the mixed Mishima Karate-Kazama Martial Arts practiced by Jin Kazama in Tekken 3.
Although he retains almost all of his old moves, some are rough and crude in execution, with a few extra moves based on his demonic powers.
- Jinpachi Mishima - Even though his fighting style is officialy stated as "unknown" , Jinpachi fights using moves of the Mishima Karate style (in Tekken 5, it is mixed with demonic powers).
- Kazumi Mishima - Primarily uses Hachijo Martial Arts but has certain attacks from the style (Flash Punch Combo and Demon Slayer)
- Mokujin - Through mimicry.
- Tetsujin - Through mimicry.
- Combot - Tekken 4 only; through mimicry.
- Unknown - Tekken Tag Tournament only; through mimicry.
- Kinjin - Through mimicry.
- ^ https://www.tekken-official.jp/tk7ac/character/kazuya.php
- ^ https://www.tekken-official.jp/tk7ac/character/heihachi.php
- ^ http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/am/vg/tekken-tt/character/2chara-lee.php
- ^ a b http://www.sunlightyellow.com/tekken2/character/devil_angel.html
- ^ http://www.tekken-official.jp/tag2/chara/angel.html
- ^ https://www.tekken-official.jp/tkhybrid/ttthd/character/jin.html
- ^ https://www.tekken-official.jp/tk5ps2/characters/jinpachi.html