The original Roger (who first appeared in Tekken 2) is a genetically engineered kangaroo with the ability to fight (as well as be uppercutted through roofs). Roger Jr., his son, replaces the original Roger from Tekken 5 and onwards.
Kazuya Mishima took over the Mishima Zaibatsu from his father Heihachi. The Zaibatsu became more corrupt than ever under Kazuya's leadership and engaged in many illegal activities such as assassination, extortion, drug dealing and the smuggling of species. Kazuya also recruited Doctor Bosconovitch to work for him. One of the projects he was commanded to work on was creating genetically engineered creatures. Through Bosconovitch, modified animals were created with DNA samples. Roger was created from Kangaroo DNA, whereas Alex was created using DNA from Dromaeosaurid fossil samples.
Ending Description: After a long struggle, they find him. But they soon discover that Roger was living the easy life, unconcerned about his family and/or fatherly responsibilities. Roger Jr. became shocked and angered at the sight of seeing his dad relaxing while Roger Jr. and his mother were worried sick about him and vengefully uppercuts him through the roof.
Prologue: After the tournament, life became hard for Roger Jr. and his mother. Shortly thereafter, The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 was announced, and Roger Jr. and his mother decided to join the tournament in search of victory and financial security.
Ending Description: Roger is teaching Roger Jr. boxing moves and bonding with his son, when all of a sudden, his wife comes in and confronts Roger with a picture of him with other female kangaroos. As a result, she uppercuts him up through the roof. The screen ends with Roger Jr. gazing in confusion at what had just happened. Throughout the whole ending, canned laughter can be heard.
Roger appeared as a playable character in Tekken Tag Tournament where he once again shares a character slot with Alex. This is the original Roger's last appearance as a playable character in a Tekken game.
Ending Description: Roger is seen playing "Rock, Paper, Scissors" with Yoshimitsu. His boxing glove forces him to choose "Rock". Yoshimitsu, knowing this, picks "Paper". He wins 3-0 because of this.
Though Roger himself did not appear playable in the sequel to Tekken Tag, Roger Jr.'s ending in said game was mainly based on his father, Roger.
Ending Description: Roger comes home with flowers but before going inside, he peeks in and sees his wife, son and Alex eating breakfast. Roger sees that everyone is happier without him. He then remembers both times he was uppercutted by his wife and son. He punches himself in the head for being so selfish and not being there for them.
All of a sudden, Alex busts the front door open, slamming Roger behind. His wife comes out and looks to see Alex playing with Roger Jr. out in the field. She looks down and sees the flowers and note from Roger. She reads it and then eagerly looks around for him, but sadly, Roger is still smashed behind the door.
This section is currently incomplete. You can help the Tekken Wiki by expanding it.
Roger fights using Commando Wrestling, a mixture of confusing strikes and Wrestling oriented throws.
- Doctor Bosconovitch - His creator.
- Doctor Abel - It was rumored that Roger, along with Alex, was stolen by him.
- Kazuya Mishima - While Kazuya owned the Mishima Zaibatsu, Roger (and Alex) was considered worthless and Kazuya attempted to kill him, but he was able to escape.
- Alex - His partner and family friend.
- Kuma - His friend.
- Roger Jr. - His son.
- Roger's Wife - His ex-wife.
- His fighting stance is identical to King's in Tekken and Armor King's in Tekken and Tekken 2.
- He does the same win poses as King in Tekken 2.
- All of his son's endings starting from his debut in Tekken 5 have somehow involved Roger in the plot.
- His and Alex's hands are shown as their character space.
- His sub-boss is Alex.
- He is a sub-boss of Kazuya Mishima.
- His stage background music is the same as the Fiji stage music in Tekken.
- He is unlocked by beating the game with six different characters.
- His ending is the same as Alex's; except their roles are switched.
- When paired up with Kuma II or Panda, him and Kuma/Panda will be shown dancing.
- When paired up with Bryan Fury, he will be shown sitting on the ground while Bryan persuades him to fight.
- He is one of the few characters that Tetsujin/Mokujin or Unknown do not randomly use.
- When losing a match, he falls down on his back; P. Jack also does the same.
- This is the first time where Roger get's slammed by a door instead of being uppercutted in Roger Jr.'s ending.
- Roger and Roger Jr.'s counterpart is Rooby from Moshi Monsters, Moshlings (both are kangaroos with boxing gloves).
- Roger can be seen on a sign in one of the stages in Street Fighter X Tekken.