While any user on Tekken Wiki can edit articles, upload images and more, certain users on Tekken Wiki have access to additional functions to keep this wiki running smoothly. These users are called "administrators" or "staff."
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. However, they are not currently able to remove admin access from any user.
- List of all users with Administrative access: Special:Listusers/sysop
Listed below are the administrators on the Tekken Wiki. They work hard to keep the Wiki up to date and organized. Please talk to them with respect and the respect will be returned.
(Disrespecting an admin can result in a ban.)
Admins inactive for at least a year will be demoted.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. Long term editors who have made significant and positive contributions may be offered administrator status. Just ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If you have been denied, you may NOT ask on the community portal as that is a cop-out from asking a bureaucrat and just disrespectful.
Maintaining Staff Status
A staff member must stay active within a year or they may face demotion back to a regular user. So it is important to login and make some kind of edit to hold their status. In addition, if a user had special permissions in the past but lost them from a demotion or gave them up on their own accord, they cannot simply have them back. They will have to contribute to the wiki with important edits and ask a bureaucrat to be a administrator again just as if this was their first time applying.