Tetsujin (鉄人? ; literally meaning "Iron person"), is a character in the Tekken series who has only playable in Tekken Tag Tournament and is unlockable. He is also in Tekken Revolution and Tekken (Mobile) as unplayable boss character. Whereas Mokujin is constructed of wood, Tetsujin is constructed from metal.
Given that Ogre, Devil and Unknown are present in Tekken Tag Tournament, it is assumed that Mokujin arose again to stop them. Seeing as there are three evil forces to be stopped, this may explain why Tetsujin was also "activated".
Ending Description: Tetsujin's ending is the same as Mokujin's, where Tetsujin is training many other Mokujins.
Tetsujin appears on July 11, 2018 as the boss character in the special live events and it's featured act in the Story Mode.
He shares the same style as Mokujin, Mimicry, as he is just a metallic palette swap of him. At the start of a round, Tetsujin will randomly select the fighting style of another tournament participant and adopt this style as his own. A new style is chosen at the start of each round, although it is possible for a fighting style to be carried over to the next round.
In Tekken Revolution, Mokujin, Tetsujin, and Kinjin all use a customized moveset belonging to multiple characters and is more similar to a customized Combot than copying a single character.
- Mokujin - He is a metallic version of Mokujin.
- Unknown - He is possibly trying to stop Unknown in Tekken Tag Tournament.
- Ogre - He was possibly brought to life by Ogre's evil, like Mokujin.
- Kinjin - His golden counterpart.
- If the player wins ten matches in Versus mode with Tetsujin, he turns to gold.
- In Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection and onward, Mokujin can be customized to look identical to Tetsujin, with Tekken 6 allowing Mokujin to be customized to actually become the silver and gold versions of Tetsujin.
- In Tekken 5 for the PS2, by using a action replay device, the player can unlock what is presumed to be Tetsujin. He can also just be a beta mesh/model file, that Namco forgot to delete, since he looks like Mokujin, except he is colored a monotone silver, though this dummy appears in Practice Mode when a demo of a character's move is played, as the character is demonstrating their move on the dummy. It will mimic their opponent's fighting style.
- Tetsujin is the only playable character who did not appear in Tekken Tag Tournament 2; (Gon does not count, due to him being a guest character and manga character).
- Tetsujin's featured act is Iron to Gold references his iron appearance.
- Unlike Mokujin who drops gems as a boss character in the live events, he drops gold coins even in Story Mode.
- Tetsujin's fighting stance and moves are from Nina Williams as both his pre-fight and win animation are taken from one of Nina's pre-fight and win animation.
- A silver dummy similar to Tetsujin can be found as enemies in the Subterranean Pavilion stage of Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign.