Tougou (東郷 Tōgō?) is a major unplayable character in the home version of Tekken 6 where he appeared as an NPC in the Scenario Campaign mode. A close friend of Lars Alexandersson, he rebelled along with him against the Mishima Zaibatsu. He and several other former Tekken Force members helped Lars and Alisa form the basis of the rebel army, Yggdrasil, and fought against Mishima Zaibatsu led by Jin Kazama and against G Corporation led by Kazuya Mishima.
Tougou is calm and level-headed, and used to taking on a leadership role. He easily assumes command when Lars is amnesiac, and according to a conversation between him and Lars in Scenario Campaign, often takes over leading troops so that Lars can become a frontline fighter and do some damage. He is tactically minded and loyal to Lars. He has a sense of honor and believes that the cause he fights for is more important than himself and his own well-being.
Tougou has short, brown hair, brown eyes, and a stubble beard. He has a long scar running down the right side of his face, from his brow to just under his cheek bone. He wears Yggdrasil armor (modified Tekken Force armor), with one pauldron larger than the other, and carries a sword.
Tougou plays an important role in the Tekken 6 story. He is the second-in-command of Yggdrasil, the rebel army that Lars Alexandersson leads, who are a splinter of Tekken Force that defected in the face of Jin Kazama's warmongering direction for the Mishima Zaibatsu. Tougou first enters the story looking for Lars after an Yggdrasil raid on a Zaibatsu laboratory went wrong. Lars's group was attacked by a simultaneous raid done by G Corporation, resulting in the elimination of almost their whole squadron. Whilst searching for survivors, Tougou was forced to pull troops out of the lab as the army were on their way. Tougou later discovered that Lars was alive, but was dismayed to find a head concussion had left Lars amnesiac and unaware of who he was or the cause he was fighting for. Undaunted by this, Tougou supported Lars by providing him with remote intelligence and leading Yggdrasil in his absence, until Lars was ready to return.
As Lars sought to regain his memories, Tougou provided intelligence on such factors as the Zaibatsu's raid on Ogre's temple, including the whereabouts of an associated epitaph that he found in an underground facility beneath the Zaibatsu Headquarters, and encouraged Lars to seek out Heihachi Mishima, with whom he had unfinished business. This last encounter prompted Lars to remember his heritage and the rest of his forgotten memories, and, thereafter, he, Alisa Bosconovitch, and Tougou work together more closely, launching Yggdrasil raids against the Mishima Zaibatsu and G Corporation.
After the successful Operation Gemini against the Tekken Force 4th Special Forces Operation Group Compound, Tougou was involved in a raid against G Corporation's Millennium Tower headquarters, where he faced off against Anna Williams' G Corp soldiers. He took part in the battle in the courtyard, leading a squadron to hold off the body of G Corp's forces whilst Lars and Alisa went in search of Kazuya Mishima, G Corp's CEO. Tougou was fataly injured in this fight, and died in Lars's arms.
Before he died, Tougou had given Raven, a UN operative with whom he had contact, Lars's captain's insignia. Tougou had previously tried to return the tag when Lars was amnesiac and Lars at the time hadn't felt able to take it. Raven returned the tag to Lars, mentioning that Tougou had given it to him to hand to Lars when he was ready, and in case Tougou should die before he could do so himself.
Tougou has dialogue in a number of Scenario Campaign cutscenes which can be seen in Lars's Playthrough.
- Lars Alexandersson - Tougou and Lars have been close comrades for what appears to be quite a long time. Tougou teams up with Lars to defeat both Jin Kazama and Kazuya Mishima.
- Alisa Bosconovitch - His ally. He, Lars, and rebel allies, are unaware that Alisa was created to serve Jin, and has been acting as a mole for Jin.
- Jin Kazama - His former superior when he was in Tekken Force. Tougou followed Lars's lead in rebelling against Jin, due to Jin's warmongering.
- Kazuya Mishima - Leader of G Corporation. Tougou helped lead an operation against G-Corporation, and was killed in action by their soldiers.
- Anna Williams - Tougou was killed in action whilst facing off against Anna's G Corp soldiers beneath the Millennium Tower.
- Raven - Unbeknownst to Lars, Tougou was in some sort of contact with Raven before his death, and gave him his tag so that he may give it to Lars in case he died.
- Tougou (東郷 Tōgō) is likely his family name, since it is a common Japanese family name.
- The name Tougou literally means "eastern country home" or "eastern village".
- The name is shared with a number of towns in Japan.
- Tougou's Yggdrasil callsign "Romeo Leader" is heard in cutscene 5 of Scenario Campaign.
- Tougou's sword is black and red, and resembles a Chinese dadao or long machete in shape, though has sci-fi elements to it. The blade is parted with a gap down its centre, and is a weapon that favors brute force and strong, powerful moves by its weilder. In Tekken 7, it more noticebly has a fuse embedded in the blade, and emits a red electricity of its own.
- Lars gets Tougou's sword as a customization item in both Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Tekken 7, and can use it for his personal Item Move in both games. In the former it is called "Sci-Fi Blade", and in the latter, it is called "Admiral's Sword".
- Whilst weilding Tougou's sword in Tekken 7, Lars will sometimes call Tougou's name whilst using the item.
- Tougou was featured in the Tekken Revolution original character poll on the official Tekken Facebook page in June 2013.
- At the Tekken Force 4th Special Forces Operation Group Compound stage in Tekken 6 Scenario Campaign, Tougou and Yggdrasil soldiers join Lars and Alisa and fight alongside them.